#Succulent shopping with auntie today. #minicacti#artonsoil#ilovesucculents
I’m in love with lights. I’ve created a project for self improvement, and it will be to photography lights all over the city of Los Angeles. My goal is to stick to one subject per week. These two pictures were taken at the Grand Central Park in DTLA.
SEEK OUT BEAUTY
Studies show that experiencing awe, which is the feeling we get when we encounter something inspiring and transformational, like a stirring piece of artwork or the grandeur of nature, expands perception of time. In a series of experiments, psychologists found that prompting the experience of awe in the lab led participants to estimate that they had more free time available. Consequently, they were also less impatient, more satisfied with their lives, and even more willing to volunteer.
Unless we’re on vacation, few of us actively seek out experiences the promote awe on a regular basis. What this research suggests is that a monthly visit to the museum or the occasional nature hike can alter the way we perceive time while elevating the quality of our daily experiences.
MAKE FEWER DECISIONS
The more decisions you choose to make, the less attentional resources you have for focusing on the present moment. What’s more, continuous decision-making is mentally draining, causes stress levels to spike, and ironically, leads to poorer-quality decisions over the long run.
If you’re prone to overanalyzing every minute decision, consider this: research shows that the more options you weigh, the less satisfied you’ll feel about your eventual choice.
Taking the time to choose what not to decide can be a valuable investment, freeing up cognitive bandwidth and keeping you more in tune with the present. Just ask Barack Obama. He’s limited his suit collection to exactly two options—blue and gray—preserving attentional resources for more important matters.
Article from fast company
Top 10 Open Air Bathrooms
Our picks for the most amazing open air bathrooms ever created in hotels and resorts across the world.
1. Rain shower and outdoor bathtub at Zanzibar White Sand Luxury Villas & Spa
2. Open air bathroom with wooden viewing deck and hanging chair at River Lodge
3. Glass sunken bathtub at Six Senses Laamu
4. Oversized bathroom with a generous rain shower and copper tub at Bambu Indah
5. Open air garden bathroom with private plunge pool at Dusit Thani Maldives
6. Bathroom with outdoor bath at Palais Namaskar
7. Complete bathroom with outdoor garden shower and private walk-in closet at Rosewood Mayakoba
8. Garden bathroom with indoor/outdoor shower and freestanding bath at Kandolhu Island
9. Spacious bathroom with big bath and private plunge pool at Desroches Island
10. Open air bathroom with circular bath and sun deck at Velaa Private Island
walking down NYC and I can’t get enough. I love this city, I want to go back!
My sister got me hooked on this refreshing drink. I bought 2 six packs and it goes so well with vodka :) But it’s also great by itself. I couldn’t help but to photograph it, I love the colors and the design on this can.
Sequoia, Tree Hugging
Perfect cup of Joe to start the day#cappuccino#intelligencia#foam_art